NAHB to Honor Designee of the Year Award Winners at 2014 International Builders' Show
Jan. 28, 2014
WASHINGTON, Jan. 27 - The National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) will honor 11 housing professionals for their outstanding service in elevating the image of NAHB educational designations. The 2013 Designee of the Year award winners will be recognized at the 2014 International Builders' Show (IBS) in Las Vegas.
"NAHB strives to improve professionalism among our members and elevate the industry through education. We strongly encourage builders, remodelers and other housing professionals to reach the next stage in their careers by earning an NAHB designation," said Erik Anderson, CAPS, CGB, CGR, GMB, chair of the NAHB Education Committee and a remodeler from Winston-Salem, N.C. "By presenting the Designee of the Year awards each year, NAHB honors individuals who fully embody these ideals and stand out as leading professionals in their fields. In addition to incorporating innovative practices and techniques which ultimately benefit customers, they shine a positive light on our industry and inspire others through their commitment to excellence."
The 2013 Designee of the Year award winners are:
- Certified Aging-in-Place Specialist (CAPS) of the Year: Debra Young, CAPS, an occupational therapist and owner of EmpowerAbility, LLC, Newark, Del.
- Certified Graduate Associate (CGA) of the Year: Anthony F. Bosco, CAPS, CGA, CGP, business development manager for Gohm Insurance Restoration, Freeland, Mich.
- Certified Graduate Builder (CGB) of the Year: Robert Hertzberg, CGB, CGP, GMB, president of Hertz Homes, Montclair, N.J.
- Certified Green Professional[tm] (CGP) of the Year: Mark R. Stewart, CGP, Master CGP, president of Stewart Construction & Development Corp., West End, N.C.
- Certified Graduate Remodeler (CGR) of the Year: Bob McKay, CAPS, CGB, CGR, owner and president of McKay Building Company, Inc., Birmingham, Ala.
- Graduate Master Builder (GMB) of the Year: Michael D. Garabedian, CGP, GMB, president of Garabedian Properties, Southlake, Texas
- Graduate Master Remodeler (GMR) of the Year: Michael Turner, CAPS, CGP, CGR, GMB, GMR vice president of The Home Service Store, Inc., Kennesaw, Ga.
- Housing Credit Certified Professional (HCCP) of the Year: Carol Howard, HCCP, vice president and director of compliance, Boston Capital, Boston, Mass.
- Master Certified Green Professional (Master CGP) of the Year: Brandon Weiss, CAPS, CGB, CGP, CGR, GMB, Master CGP, owner of Weiss Building & Development, LLC, South Elgin, Ill.
- Master Certified New Home Sales Professional (Master CSP) of the Year: Carroll Loewer III, CMP, CSP, Master CSP, MIRM, sales consultant for The Pulte Group/Centex Homes, Charleston, S.C.
- Master in Residential Marketing (MIRM) of the Year: Jean Ewell, CMP, CSP, Master CSP, MIRM, sales manager for Consort Homes, Chesterfield, Mo.
Honorees were selected by their designation's respective board of governors based on the successful promotion of their professional designations to consumers, NAHB members and others in the building industry through cutting-edge techniques, by elevating the image of the designation in their local communities through charitable work or community projects and by mentoring others to start or complete an NAHB professional designation.
The winners will be recognized Feb. 3 at NAHB's Designation Achievement Reception just before IBS opens. IBS is the largest annual light construction exposition in the world and is expected to play host to 50,000 home builders, remodelers, developers, architects and suppliers to the home building industry Feb. 4-6 at the Las Vegas Convention Center in Las Vegas. For additional information and to register, visit www.buildersshow.com.
ABOUT NAHB: The National Association of Home Builders is a Washington-based trade association representing more than 140,000 members involved in home building, remodeling, multifamily construction, property management, subcontracting, design, housing finance, building product manufacturing and other aspects of residential and light commercial construction. NAHB is affiliated with 800 state and local home builders associations around the country. NAHB's builder members will construct about 80 percent of the new housing units projected for this year.
< Back | Printer Friendly Page