Advance your career with a #IBS2019 scholarship!
The NAHB International Builders’ Show® (IBS) is a great opportunity for young building industry professionals to advance their careers. Whether you’re walking the floor, attending education sessions or networking with others, the information you’ll take away in just three days is incredible.
1. So Much Education! 140+ IBS education sessions cover the hottest industry topics as well as tools to help advance your career.
“I was really impressed with how much variety in education there was. It didn’t matter which class I walked into, I could apply it to what I do.” – Shannon Alcock, Goldmark Construction Group, Raleigh, NC
2. Product Knowledge. IBS draws 1,500 manufacturers and suppliers, which is why it is the place to discover what’s trending in home building.
“I was able to get so much product knowledge. I actually met a ton of new vendors that we’re going to start using on our houses. We were able to make a ton of new business relationships, and I learned a lot.” – Anna Fosmire, Crabbe Homes, Clarksville, TN
3. Demonstrations. Learn from construction demos and interactive programming in IBS Live, the High-Performance Building Zone, and Builder Clinics.
“A lot of times, the products just show up from a supplier on your job site, and you use your base knowledge to install them. It definitely helps to have a minute with the manufacturers for their recommendations and important little tidbits.” – Lynch Christian, Four Points Construction, Inc., Berkeley County, WV
4. Niche Exploration. The Centrals are fun, educational lounges that allow you to explore new niche-specific ideas and connect with others like yourself. Workshops, presentations, roundtables and networking events are all available inside each of the six Centrals: 55+ Housing, Custom Building, Design Studio, Multifamily, Remodelers, and Sales.
“I found some great opportunities in the Custom Building Central to make my network stronger. – Kristopher Gardner, Magleby Construction, Lindon, UT
5. Networking with Other Industry YPs! IBS hosts some of the most memorable events—both during the show and after hours. The IBS Official House Party and the Young Pros Party are two events where young pros gather to have some fun and network with others in the industry.
“It was just amazing to see a lot of the young professionals at the show. Really inspiring.” – Sarah Harne, Dan Ryan Builders, Frederick, MD
BONUS REASON: Ignite Your Industry Passion. An industry coming together in one place over three days is invigorating. There’s so much energy and inspiration that comes out of every Builders’ Show.
“When I got home, I told my boss, ‘I never want to miss IBS again.’ I legitimately feel like my brain chemistry has been altered through this experience.” – Joshua Dean, Precision Homecrafters, LLC, Birmingham, AL
Ready to experience the Builders’ Show firsthand?
The IBS Scholarship Program is now accepting applications. If you’re an NAHB member between the ages of 21-35, then the IBS Scholarship Program is for you! Submit your application and video by June 15 to be considered.